Dynamic web sites with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicolay A Vasiliev
Subject Dynamic web sites with PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Dynamic web sites with PostgreSQL  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Re: Dynamic web sites with PostgreSQL  (snacktime <snacktime@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello there!

I'd like to ask the PostgreSQL community for the conseptual thing. We
develop our web sites using MySQL. We like this for its high speed and
fulltext search feature. But nowadays our projects are growing fast and
we afraid our MySQL won't be able to perform large amount of complex
complicated queries. So we get a question about altenative SQL server.
In fact there are not too much from open source SQL servers, I think
only 2 serious: PostgreSQL and MaxDB. May I sak you about words for
advocacy or accusation for each of these database servers?

Our tasks: static content generation but using of complicated search
feature on the web site.

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Nicolay Vasiliev