Re: Can not input large text data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From qk22@gmx.co.uk (qk22)
Subject Re: Can not input large text data
Date
List pgsql-general
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote in message news:<25124.1003431283@sss.pgh.pa.us>...
> qk22@gmx.co.uk (qk22) writes:
> > I am using PostgreSQL 7.1.3. I found that I can not input text data
> > for more than 7MB. When I tried to input text data more than about
> > 7MB, I got the error message:" Network error: Connect reset by peer).
> > I don't know why.
>
> Neither will anyone else, with only that much information.  What are
> you doing *exactly* to input this data?  What client software are you
> using?
>
>             regards, tom lane

I am using phpPgAdmin2.3--(apache+php+pgsql) as the form interface to
input data within Netscape Navigator, in fact the text fields can
input data very well exceed the 8k and 32k limits. The problem is that
you still can not input data with fairly large size such as 7MB or
above, and I don't know if there is anything wrong with the database.