Re: Running Windows on a Mac partition - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Running Windows on a Mac partition
Date
Re: Running Windows on a Mac partition  (John Gage <jsmgage@numericable.fr>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM, John Gage <jsmgage@numericable.fr> wrote:
> I just wondered if I could access the same 8.4.2 server from the Windows
> partition (XP via "Bootcamp") as I do from the Mac partition on my Mac?

Assuming both virtual machines (or the virtual machine and the host)
are up at the same time, it's more of a networking issue that anything
else.  As long as the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files have
entries allowing outside machines to connect via TCP/IP you should be
able to just point your windows partition over to the IP of the Mac
partition and be set.