Re: Annoying Reply-To - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Mikkel Høgh <mikkel@hoegh.org> wrote:
> On 17/10/2008, at 16.12, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Collin Kidder <adderd@kkmfg.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was going to stay out of this but I'll jump in and defend him. The
>>> people
>>> on this list are so pedantic, so sure that their way is the only way that
>>> they absolutely rain nuclear fire down on anyone who dares to disagree.
>>> And
>>> you wonder why no one sprang to his defense???
>>>
>>> And, I do agree with him on this issue.
>>
>> I prefer the list the way it is.  And so do a very large, very silent
>> majority of users.
>
> And no one messes with the silent majority and their spokesmen ;)

No, no one makes idiotic arguments that go against the RFCs for how to
run a mailing list and then makes the entire pgsql community change
from the rather sensible way it's done to a non-sensical way to
accomodate broken email clients.  But I thought that was rather
obvious.