Re: postgre vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: postgre vs MySQL
Date
Re: postgre vs MySQL  (Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Justin <justin@emproshunts.com> wrote:

>  I view updates/patches of any kind like this,  if ain't broke don't fix it.
> I normally only update computers with security patches only after i prove it
> don't destroy installs.

But that's juast it.  When a postgresql update comes out, it is
precisely because the database IS broken.  A bug that might eat your
data or allow an attacker to get into your database are the kinds of
fixes, and the only kind really, that go into production pgsql
releases.  I too wait a day or two to test it on a staging server, but
I've never had a pgsql update blow back in my face, and I've done an
awful lot of them.