Re: Connection idle broken - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Connection idle broken
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 27, 2007 12:33 PM, Douglas McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> wrote:

> Get a better router then. Something between your clients and the
> database server is timing out those connections, and it's most likely
> that box--NAT connections are timed out fairly aggressively by default
> on consumer routers (you didn't say whether you were using NAT or not,
> but it may be turned on by default).  Relying on anything labeled
> "Linksys" for production work is a terrible idea.

Actually, if you use the linux based ones, or download dd-wrt or
openwrt and install that, the linksys routers are quite stable,
reliable, and performant.

Myself, I prefer the pre-installed buffalo router that DD-WRT ships,
but the software they make is quite amazing.