Re: Reordering columns, will this ever be simple? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Reordering columns, will this ever be simple?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/8/07, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 08:15:19PM +0100, Gregory Stark wrote:
> > "novnov" <novnovice@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Is there any plan to add such a capability to postgres?
> >
> > It's been talked about. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in 8.4 but nobody's
> > said they'll be doing it yet and there are a lot of other more exciting ideas
> > too.
>
> Doubt it, patches to implement this have been submitted and rejected in
> the past. I don't see any reason why 8.4 would be any different.

If the danger of implementing this is some subtle bug that eats my
data, I'd just as soon do without.  It's not a feature I've ever felt
the need for really.  And there are lots of cool features I could
think of I'd want before this.