Re: PGAdmin 4 V5 scroll-bars - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: PGAdmin 4 V5 scroll-bars
Date
List pgadmin-support
Richard,

I appreciate what you're saying, and that there are people who are more limited
in what tools they can physically use.

But my comments are aimed at what I assumed to be a common case of people that
are physically capable of using a wider variety of input devices but may have
simply not realized that things like multi-dimensional touch scrolling existed
because either of their past experiences or what controls their computer came with.

The "ten years" comment is referring to how long desktop Apple Macs had shipped
with such a Magic Mouse (a regular multi-button mouse with a touch surface on
top) as standard equipment, but its very likely that many other brands of PCs
shipped with more limited equipment, but can use the touch ones.

I am just letting people know about options they may not know have existed which
can make their computer-using experience much more pleasant.

Its not a slight on people unable to use such equipment for whatever reasons.

Its like how the whole original thread about scroll bars, or most discussion on
this forum, is not a slight against blind people who would be unable to see the
scroll bars.  Its implicitly realized that not everyone can use everything and
discussion implicitly concerns people who can use the things under discussion.

So my point is made, I don't feel like spamming the forum with this tangent any
longer.

And I'm glad to hear the scrollbar fix will be coming on Thursday.

-- Darren Duncan