Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On February 4, 2014 8:53:36 PM CET, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
>wrote:
>> I think he has applied the patch to hack around the alignment issue I
>> pushed to git for both branches. It's not nice enough to be applied
>yet,
>> but it should fix the issue.
>> I think the 201 is just a remembrance of debugging the issue.
>
>I guess that given that *both* cases tested had the patch applied,
>that makes sense. However, I would have liked to see a real master
>baseline.

Christian, could you rerun with master (the commit on which the branch is based on), the alignment patch, and then the
lwlockpatch? Best with max_connections 200.

That's probably more important than the write tests as a first step..

Thanks,
Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.