Re: pg_restore: [archiver] entry ID -825110830 out of range -- perhaps a corrupt TOC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis C
Subject Re: pg_restore: [archiver] entry ID -825110830 out of range -- perhaps a corrupt TOC
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings;

And thanks for your reply!  I tried the following:

less xaa | grep "^;"
"xaa" may be a binary file.  See it anyway? y

Binary file (standard input) matches

And so am not sure which version I did the following from:

pg_dump -c -F c -Z 9 [databasename]

But I installed it about a year ago, so whichever was the release then.
Am trying to restore to the following:

postgresql-client-7.4.21 PostgreSQL database (client)
postgresql-plpython-7.4.21_1 A module for using Python to write SQL functions
postgresql-server-7.4.21 The most advanced open-source database available anywhere

As follows:

cat * | pg_restore -d [databasename]

And the following error's exactly what happens:

"pg_restore: [archiver] entry ID -825110830 out of range -- perhaps a corrupt TOC"

It's worked for me many years before, but am now concerned that I've maybe just lost this database, so any help would be so greatly appreciated and thank you again so much!