Re: left join with smaller table or index on (XXX is not null) to avoid upsert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: left join with smaller table or index on (XXX is not null) to avoid upsert
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le lundi 19 janvier 2009, Tom Lane a écrit :
> But having said that: 8.4 will provide a standard trigger that
> short-circuits vacuous updates, which you can apply to tables in which
> you think vacuous updates are likely.  It's your responsibility to place
> the trigger so that it doesn't interfere with any other trigger
> processing you may have.

I'm preparing an 8.3 backport of it, which in fact is running just fine
already now. Would pgfoundry let me chekout the module I imported earlier
today the code and debian packaging would be on a public CVS already.
  http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/backports/min_update/

If people want to see the code before pgfoundry allows me to put it in the CVS
overthere, here it is (slow server):
  http://pgsql.tapoueh.org/min_update

Regards,
--