Re: BUG #16951: pg_restore segfaults on custom format piped from a different version of PG - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sergey KOPOSOV
Subject Re: BUG #16951: pg_restore segfaults on custom format piped from a different version of PG
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
> You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.
>
> Sergey KOPOSOV <Sergey.Koposov@ed.ac.uk> writes:
> > I also noticed when I tried to run pg_restore in the debugger the crash doesn't happen.
> > but it does if I pipe it...
>
> I wonder if your platform is helpfully inserting Windows newlines,
> or perhaps removing them, when the data goes through a pipe.

The platform doing the pg_dump (PG12) is debian
And the one doing pg_restore (PG10) is ubuntu.

Also I know for sure when I use pg_restore from postgresql 12 it works fine in the same configuration.
(And I've regularly transferred tables this way from one system to another, it's just I've recently
migrated the debian system from PG11 to PG12 which lead to this segfault.)

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e
buidheanncarthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.