Re: Tablepartitioning: Will it be supported in Future? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: Tablepartitioning: Will it be supported in Future?
Date
bitmapscan test, no success, bs is not faster  (Pavel Stehule <stehule@kix.fsv.cvut.cz>)
List pgsql-hackers
<apoc9009@yahoo.de> writes
> I have done the following Post to PSQL Performance, but Richard Huxton
> say it
> might be a better Idea to post it again on you List so i forward the
> message.
> It is exiting to see thadt Verison 8.0 has Tablespaces like ORACLE and
> DB/2,
> but i need Partitioning on a few very large Tables.

Richard said you can *search* in this list ...  Here are two links might be
of your interests:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-12/msg00101.php  - how
to do horizonal partition using inheritance;

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2005-03/msg00370.php - a
long list of discussing the future partition implementation;

Regards,
Qingqing