Re: UltraSPARC versus AMD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From William Yu
Subject Re: UltraSPARC versus AMD
Date
List pgsql-general
Looked on AMD's website. 132 for 4x875 on Windows, 126 on Linux.
(Probably Intel compiler on Windows, gcc on Linux.) That gets AMD into
the $100K 16+ processor Sun system area in terms of performance. Of
course, Sun still has a crapload of other uptime/reliability features
built-in to their systems.