Re: AW: [Extern] Re: autovacuum on pg_catalog tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: AW: [Extern] Re: autovacuum on pg_catalog tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2021-06-04 at 15:43 +0000, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:
> I have a lot of LO manipulation and want a more aggressive autovacuum on some pg_catalog tables therefore.
>
> I do not see any reason why this should not work or be at risk?

It is not a risk per se.  The biggest problem is that any such catalog
modifications would be lost after an upgrade.

I would change the parameters in "postgresql.conf" and then override the
settings for user table to be less aggressive where necessary.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe