Re: pgadmin3 / postgresql newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Patnude
Subject Re: pgadmin3 / postgresql newbie question
Date
List pgsql-general
That particular error message is typically associated with a missing
pg_hba.conf entry that tells the postgreSQL server which remote machines to
allow connections FROM....

# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more
# "host" records.  Also, remember TCP/IP connections are only enabled
# if you enable "tcpip_socket" in postgresql.conf.

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD

local   all         all                                             trust
# IPv4-style local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   trust
# IPv6-style local connections:
host    all         all         ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff        trust
host all all 10.1.10.23 255.255.255.255 trust

Regards....