Re: how much left for restore? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: how much left for restore?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo writes:

> It get a bit better but even knowing what are the largest tables it
> is hard to get an estimate of how much is missing before complete
> restore.

Agree. Also building indexes can also take quite some time.

> I'm really looking at rough figures... even a: I've read 40% of the
> file will give a more usable information than: I've already loaded
> table A.

I don't believe there is anything like that and have not see  anything in
the TODO list (that I recall) either.

It likely is not easy to implement. For starters to get such an estimate you
would need to know how much data a table has. That would require to do a
pass to get size or somehow store table size on the restore for the
estimate. Then you have indexes.. they are just one line on the backup, but
can take quite a while to build depending on size.

For the foreseable future -v is likely all that is and will be available.