Disadvantages on having too many page slots? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Disadvantages on having too many page slots?
Date
Re: Disadvantages on having too many page slots?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
At one point the databases we had in a machine used 10 million plus page
slots. We made the number of page slots 14 million.

After a few large system were phased out we now only use about 2 million
page slots. Other than hard disk space, are there any disadvantages on
having a large number of page slots?

DETAIL:  A total of 2233472 page slots are in use (including overhead).
2233472 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  14000000 page slots, 1000 relations, using 82096 KB.