Re: Disadvantages on having too many page slots? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Disadvantages on having too many page slots?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Other than hard disk space, are there any disadvantages on
> having a large number of page slots?

It's not using hard disk space, it's using shared memory, so you might
want to adjust it to make that memory available for other purposes...

> DETAIL:  A total of 2233472 page slots are in use (including overhead).
> 2233472 page slots are required to track all free space.
> Current limits are:  14000000 page slots, 1000 relations, using 82096 KB.

I'm not sure how much a difference would make to have ~60M of memory
more, but it could mean one more index in memory ;-)

Cheers,
Csaba.