Re: Changing locale/charset - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Changing locale/charset
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/22/2018 01:18 PM, Martin Moore wrote:
> I created a 10.1 cluster on Debian using UTF8.
> I’d like to convert it to LATIN1, but am having various issues. So, it’s probably easiest to start again (I have a
dumpof the DB).

> To ensure I get it right, what is the correct way to create a cluster with LATIN1 encoding, how to remove the
existingcluster and how to ensure I have the right settings for LOCALE etc. in the OS?

Assuming you are using the Debian pg_ctlcluster command see 'Changing
Debian default installation' in below:

https://wiki.debian.org/PostgreSql

--
Adrian Klaver