Re: FW: Setting up streaming replication problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Goodson
Subject Re: FW: Setting up streaming replication problems
Date
List pgsql-general

On 23/01/2018 07:36, Thiemo Kellner, NHC Barhufpflege wrote:
> 1) I am not sure whether to put the md5 value of the repuser password
>>> into primary conninfo or the plain one. I don't feel the documentation
>>> or the book is clear on that.
>
> Anyone two dimes on that?
Password, not an md5. Or, at least, that's what's been working for me :)

Even better, I guess, would be to not put a password in there at all and
use a .pgpass.

--
Martin Goodson

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."