Re: Ignore invalid indexes in pg_dump. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From anarazel@anarazel.de
Subject Re: Ignore invalid indexes in pg_dump.
Date
Re: Ignore invalid indexes in pg_dump.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> schrieb:

>Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>> Should I just patch pg_upgrade to remove the "indisvalid", skip
>> "indisvalid" indexes, and backpatch it?  Users should be using the
>> version of pg_upgrade to match new pg_dump.  Is there any case where
>> they don't match?  Do I still need to check for "indisready"?
>
>Yeah, if you can just ignore !indisvalid indexes that should work fine.
>I see no need to look at indisready if you're doing that.

You need to look at inisready in 9.2 since thats used for about to be dropped indexes. No?

Andres

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.