Re: PostgreSQL 11 Major Features - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 11 Major Features
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 5/24/18 10:48, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> PostgreSQL 11 Beta 1 went live today with a preliminary list of major
> features:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/static/release-11.html#id-1.11.6.5.3

If we're going to link to this subsection publicly, we should probably
give it an ID.

> As with everything in the beta, this may not be the final list: we may
> need to add / remove based on what we see in testing, what features
> may have more of an impact on people’s usage of PostgreSQL than
> we may have initially noticed, etc.

I suggest replacing references to "SQL:2011 standard" with just "SQL
standard".  The feature in question was already present in SQL:2008, and
SQ:2016 is the latest, so the reference to SQL:2011 is meaningless.