Re: dropping connection - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael Shapiro
Subject Re: dropping connection
Date
List pgadmin-support
The connection to the database is dropped occasionally (as far as I can tell, independently of internet connectivity issues).  I have experienced this quite a lot. I do not think it is PgAdmin that drops the connection. Could be postgres itself is dropping the connection.

There have been a number of requests for PgAdmin to ty to reestablish the connection "behind the scenes" (at least once) before giving up and reporting a lost connection.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le mardi 13 octobre 2009 à 19:59:04, John a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a fellow assocate that uses pgAdmin3 remotely (he is in GA the DB is
>  in CA).  He insists that a "time out" is somewhere in pgAdmin.  He loses
>  connection often.  It has happen while are talking on Skype, or not
>  talking on Skype.  It's also has happened while I was remotely connected.
>  The point being that other programs using the internet do not appear to
>  disconnect.  I too have experienced a disconnect.  However, I have always
>  blamed the poor internect connection I had at the time (like at a hotel).
>
> Is there such a setting (time out) that controls pgAdmin3 connections?  I
> don't experience any disconnects but I'm on the lan and he's using the
>  wlan.

No, there's no such thing. It may be related to your firewall or to
PostgreSQL.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org