Accessing a db with pgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kent Miller
Subject Accessing a db with pgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-general
Background - I am having a problem accessing a remote postgreSQL db
from my laptop using an ssh tunnel and pgAdmin. I had postgreSQL
loaded on my computer for use as a test db, but removed it. Including
deleting the postgeSQL, and pgadmin directories after using the
windows applications removal tool. When I reinstall pgAdmin it somehow
remembered the previous entries I had for pgadmin? From the registry?
I have a previously setup computer with ssh and pgAdmin that can
access this remote db just fine. For some reason I cannot get my
laptop to access the remote db. I have tried this after shutting down
the windows firewall, and norton antivirus (including the worm
protection). The pgAdmin tool on my laptop can access a local
postgreSQL db just fine. Both my laptop and the computer which can
access the remote db are on the same lan, and are passing through the
same network firewall. I am not sure what else to try? Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated!

The error message I get is "could not connect to server: Connection
refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1"
and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"