Why new features only in magior releases ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Why new features only in magior releases ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,
may be this was already discussed, I'm quite new to postgres
( only 3 years ), I try however.

I seen the debate around the time freeze for 7.5, who say to
wait in order to have more "chance" to have PITR, Win32, 2PC...
and who say that wait a month more will not change nothing.

I well understand the reason to wait a 7.5 in order to delivery
BIG changes that are requiring a initdb, but I don't understand
why little enhancement can not be delivered in a 7.4.3 ( may be
with a short period with a 7.4.3beta ) like the "vacuum delayed".

I think that delivering some improvements in the 7.4.3 will permit
to delay a month the 7.5 without the pain to wait too long for some
enhancements.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola