Which file to download binary, rpms or srpms? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Zhidian Du
Subject Which file to download binary, rpms or srpms?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello:

I just want to download a binary latest postgres completely to install on my redhat.  When I browse the web, I have to browse deeply into the directories.

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.2.4/linux/

Then

I have no idea the difference of rpms and srpms.

So many packages under

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.2.4/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-5/

Even after I downloaded it, how can i install it?

.

I have no idea why they put so many time to develop the software while so mean to write more document.   Only a couple of line is good enough!

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Z. Du