Re: Which file to download binary, rpms or srpms? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Which file to download binary, rpms or srpms?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 03:35 -0400, Zhidian Du wrote:
> I have no idea the difference of rpms and srpms.

You need rpms to install PostgreSQL. SRPMs are for building RPMs.

> So many packages under
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.2.4/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-5/
>
> Even after I downloaded it, how can i install it?

I have written a document some time ago, I think you'll find it useful:

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000048/98/PostgreSQL-RPM-Installation-PGDG.pdf

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ