Re: Collateral for LISA 06 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From nhrcommu@rochester.rr.com
Subject Re: Collateral for LISA 06
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> As of 9:00 AM Pacific today the lisa_06.pdf looked pretty fuzzy in
> acroread ( Linux ) and was set for fast web viewing.  The lines on
> the
> building had a good case of the jaggies.
>
> The p2_lisa.pdf looks very good.
>
> 8.2_copious.pdf looks pretty good.  What weight of paper is planned
> for
> the printed version?  This so I can put some samples of what we do
> together for review/evaluation.  Since it is mostly black and white
> it
> would be tough to show off what we do.  But if we can get company
> logos
> for the 'Dev' page it would really look nice.
>

> Rod
> --
> nhrcommu@rochester.rr.com wrote:
> > duh, sb pgfoundry

Rod,

If you are talking about the building in the left column of page 1,
there is little I can do about that other than replacing the image.
That is an "inherited" picture from an A4 effort someone made last year.
 However, I just printed it and I'm not seeing the jaggies you describe.
 Given Josh's tight time frame, I anticipated he'd just have Kinko's run
color copies.  No time for offset and the paper would probably be
whatever "color copy paper" they have laying about ... probably 28#.
The copious would likely be printed B&W.  I think the audience for LISA
is not marketing/ print production type people.  It's guys with backup
pocket protectors that find calculators work slower than their brain.

The only item I can see that may need work is the quote under the "open
door elephant" prints a bit light ... and this, I can fix.

Thanks,
Mike Ellsworth