Re: improvement suggestions for performance design - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kalle Hallivuori
Subject Re: improvement suggestions for performance design
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi all!

2007/7/18, Thomas Finneid <tfinneid@student.matnat.uio.no>:
> Hi I have tested your COPY patch (actually I tested
> postgresql-jdbc-8.2-505-copy-20070716.jdbc3.jar) and it is really fast,
> actually just as fast as serverside COPY (boths tests was performed on
> local machine).

Happy to hear there's interest toward this solution.

> This means I am interrested in using it in my project, but I have some
> concerns that needs to be adressed, (and I am prepared to help in any
> way I can). The following are the concerns I have
>
> - While testing I got some errors, which needs to be fixed (detailed below)
> - The patch must be of production grade quality
> - I would like the patch to be part of the official pg JDBC driver.

Definitely agreed, those are my requirements as well. We can discuss
bug fixing among ourselves; new versions I'll announce on pgsql-jdbc
list.

--
Kalle Hallivuori +358-41-5053073 http://korpiq.iki.fi/