Re: Postgres Pain Points: 1 pg_hba conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From support-tiger
Subject Re: Postgres Pain Points: 1 pg_hba conf
Date
List pgsql-general

On 08/13/2016 01:37 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

On 8/13/2016 8:29 AM, support-tiger wrote:
experimented with this some more with no progress. only trust seems to work which is not what we want - will try some more versions with md5 but this is why I've called this out as such a pain point.

show us your pg_hba.conf (sans comments), and the connections that aren't working the way you want, along with whatever error messages they are generating.

sorry for delay (traveling and rural usa wifi is pathetic)
attached is the pg_hba file that is working on a fedora development machine - we've added a few comments to put case examples right in the file - hope the spacing did not get mangled

obviously "trust" is not good but need working alternative

also, if using web sockets (ie socket.io) would this change ?

hope we can make this file more clear

--
Support Dept
Tiger Nassau, Inc.