Re: Violation of non existing reference - Mailing list pgsql-general

From js@deriva.de
Subject Re: Violation of non existing reference
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry, I was wrong. It's a charachter(12) not a varchar and it's a
domain.
The isins in z_ul either start with 'DE000' or with 'CH003'. PG seems
to compare only the first few charachters because when I set the
reference to CASCADE all z_ul entries that start with 'DE000' are
deleted. I tested it in another 8.3 database with the same effect but
it works well with our old 8.2.6 db.