Re: staring pgsql on fedora 8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: staring pgsql on fedora 8
Date
List pgsql-general
"Anirban Banerjee" <banerjee.anirban@gmail.com> writes:
> Wow! thanks for being super helpful, I will try it all out. Though I
> distinctly remember turning off SElinux because it was giving me such a
> headache even in permissive mode.

Yeah, Red Hat has spent quite some time now filing the rough edges off
SELinux :-(.  I've found that Fedora 8 seems to have it mostly right,
though --- I don't recall hitting any SELinux problems, while back in
the bad old days of FC5 and FC6 I too kept it turned off.  If that was
when you got your bad impression of it, give it another chance.

But it still seems to be possible to have file permissions messed up
after installing packages, hence my suggestion to try a relabel.

            regards, tom lane