Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro
Date
Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-www
+Devrim

On 1/4/22 10:42 AM, Jonathan Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Jonathan Wright and I'm in the Infrastructure Team Lead for
> AlmaLinux.  I/we use Postgres (naturally)

Glad to hear it!

>  and today I noticed that
> AlmaLinux is missing as a specifically listed supported distro at
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/
> <https://www.postgresql.org/download/> and
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/
> <https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/>
>
> I see that Rocky was added which is great, but I think it would also be
> appropriate to add AlmaLinux.  Alma and Rocky are on about equal footing
> in terms of adoption and both are major players in the RHEL rebuild
> arena at the moment.  It would be beneficial for users of both Postgres
> and Alma to have the support specifically listed.

I defer to Devrim on if the PostgreSQL YUM Repo supports AlmaLinux. I
did see some random Internet instructions that shows how to install
packages from the PostgreSQL YUM repo onto AlmaLinux systems.

For the OS distro, do you have a reference to which PostgreSQL packages
are available natively in Alma? I wasn't able to find it in my five
minutes of searching (though I did find the repo list)[1].

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.almalinux.org/repos/AlmaLinux.html

Attachment