Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan Wright
Subject Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro
Date
Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-www
Hi,

My name is Jonathan Wright and I'm in the Infrastructure Team Lead for AlmaLinux.  I/we use Postgres (naturally) and today I noticed that AlmaLinux is missing as a specifically listed supported distro at https://www.postgresql.org/download/ and https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/

I see that Rocky was added which is great, but I think it would also be appropriate to add AlmaLinux.  Alma and Rocky are on about equal footing in terms of adoption and both are major players in the RHEL rebuild arena at the moment.  It would be beneficial for users of both Postgres and Alma to have the support specifically listed.

It looks like some minor adjustments to git.postgresql.org Git - pgweb.git/commit and git.postgresql.org Git - pgweb.git/commit would do the trick!

Please let me know if I can help in any way to facilitate this :)

--
Jonathan Wright
AlmaLinux Foundation