Re: postgresql is down in whm status page - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: postgresql is down in whm status page
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/20/2018 06:41 AM, Arta S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I am an advanced user, a client requested to install postgresql for
> them. The postgresql was down in System> Status. I managed to start that
> and now its running fine.
> Now I have an odd problem. When I try to create a new account in WHM
> (Account Creation) I get the message: *account creation status failed
> the postgresql service is down*

See here:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/case-133489-create-a-new-account-account-creation-status-failed-the-postgresql-service-is-down.436381/

which makes reference to:

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

In the above case it was a missing entry in pg_hba.conf.

Have you looked in the error log?

> 2) If WHM is the above have you contacted cPanel for assistance?
> *cPanel does not officially support postgresql.*

Their docs say different. From the Install link below:
"
  Install or Update PostgreSQL on Your cPanel Server
Skip to end of metadata

     Created by Documentation, last modified on Apr 19, 2018

Go to start of metadata

Important:

We only support versions of PostgreSQL that you install with the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/installpostgres script. We do not support
versions of PostgreSQL that you install via any other method.

Note:

cPanel & WHM functions with the version of PostgreSQL that ships with
your operating system.
"

--
Adrian Klaver