Re: Governance directory page for pg.o - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Governance directory page for pg.o
Date
Re: Governance directory page for pg.o
List pgsql-www
On 19/06/2024 15:50, Joe Conway wrote:
> As discussed during the PGConf.dev developer meeting, here is a first
> pass attempt at a patch for pg.o to add a "Governance Directory" page,
> along with a few supporting new pages. Specifically it proposes to
> move the "Committers" and "Sysadmin" pages off the wiki and onto pg.o,
> and adds pages for the Contributors Committee and Recognized
> Contributors Policy (as discussed back in February at FOSDEM).
>
> There is more that can and should be done here, but I was hoping to
> get this set of changes in place before trying to boil the ocean.
> * More/missing teams/committees
> * Add "how to volunteer/help" to individual team pages
> * Other stuff?
>
> Comments/thoughts/flames?

While I know it's a hot topic, I think the funds group is quite well hidden.

One has to go "Non Profit Organizations" and then it's mentioned under
"Other PostgreSQL efforts".

The entire page is odd: it's linked as "NPOs" from the "Governance" page,
but the title is "Donate".

The "Donate" page covers two different topics:

- NGOs (PGCA, other NGOs) + groups (funds group)
- Donations

I get that this is about the "Donate" buttons, but the structure and mixed
content is not what one can expect on a "Donate" page - which is also
linked as "Donate" in the menu. I don't expect the list of NGOs and groups
there.

Probably split this up into two pages? And move funds group to the
"Governance" page as well?

Regards,

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum