Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/29/21 2:04 PM, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:46:12AM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:

>> > I don't have a ready example of such an extension, but if we ever would
>> > convert the backend parts of Slony into an extension, it would be one.

> FWIW I have an example of such an extension: powa-archivist extension
> script runs an anonymous block code and creates if needed a custom
> wrapper to emulate the current_setting(text, boolean) variant that
> doesn't exist on pre-pg96 servers.

Thank you!

I presume that pg_upgrade on a database with that extension installed
would silently succeed and have the pg_catalog as well as public (or
wherever) version of that function present.

Regards, Jan

--
Jan Wieck