Re: Postgres and --config-file option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Postgres and --config-file option
Date
Re: Postgres and --config-file option
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.05.24 04:07, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Not sure that these additions in --help or the docs are necessary.
> The rest looks OK.
>
> -    "You must specify the --config-file or -D invocation "
> +    "You must specify the --config-file (or equivalent -c) or -D invocation "
>
> How about "You must specify the --config-file, -c
> \"config_file=VALUE\" or -D invocation"?  There is some practice for
> --opt=VALUE in .po files.

Yeah, some of this is becoming quite unwieldy, if we document and
mention each spelling variant of each option everywhere.

Maybe if the original problem is that the option --config-file is not
explicitly in the --help output, let's add it to the --help output?