Re: Introduce new multi insert Table AM and improve performance of various SQL commands with it for Heap AM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Introduce new multi insert Table AM and improve performance of various SQL commands with it for Heap AM
Date
In response to Re: Introduce new multi insert Table AM and improve performance of various SQL commands with it for Heap AM  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 2:44 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > It looks like with the use of the new multi insert table access method
> > (TAM) for COPY (v20-0005), pgbench regressed about 35% [1].
>
> Where does this acronym "TAM" comes from for "table access method"?

Thanks for pointing it out. I used it for just the discussion sake in
this response. Although a few of the previous responses from others in
this thread mentioned that word, none of the patches have it added in
the code. I'll ensure to not use it further in this thread if that
worries one like another acronym is being added.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team