Re: Documentation improvement patch - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Documentation improvement patch
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 10.09.24 15:02, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 10 Sep 2024, at 13:46, Oleg Sibiryakov <o.sibiryakov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
>> 1. Since we do not want to use <literal> here, I suggest we hyphenate it as "built-in". What's your take on it?
>
> I think that's the right choice given the hyphenation used in the rest of the
> docs.  There are a few more places on that same page which should be built-in
> rather than builtin to separate the concept from the parameter value.

I suspect that this would lead to the opposite confusion, people
complaining that the provider is called "builtin" not "built-in".

Arguably, the other providers are also "built in".  There are no
user-pluggable providers at this time.