Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles
Date
List pgsql-general

Στις 5/6/21 4:45 μ.μ., ο/η Vijaykumar Jain έγραψε:

I checked, it behaves better with downloaded PDF rather than URL PDFs, in the 2nd case the metadata are poor.

Does not work with nih articles (but this is general problem not tika's )

To get started with collecting doc metadata. It looks this tool can help you started.
postgres does support fuzzy text search, so I do think dumping meta data /abstract in postgresql and then using trigram tsearch etc like extensions it should work well for a POC.
this being a pg mailing list :) what would be your expectation of type of data and growth of data would be your queries.
If you store data to support multiple lingual papers, will postgresql be able to handle ?
Ideally the docs would be stored somewhere on a object storage etc and the link of the same would be stored in the db when someone would request to read the whole paper.
Long before I read this
So if this could work, your POC should too :) with postgresql.