Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2020-06-16 at 00:28 +0200, Peter wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:46:34PM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> ! On Mon, 2020-06-15 at 19:00 +0200, Peter wrote:
> ! > And that is one of a couple of likely pitfalls I perceived when
> ! > looking at that new API.
> !
> ! That is a property of my scripts, *not* of the non-exclusive
> ! backup API...
>
> Then how would I have figured it before even knowing Your scripts?

By reading the documentation and trying it?

> The API requires such kind of programming, and such kind of
> programming creates dangerous pitfalls. After You have trained soms
> hundreds of system administrators, You will also see such things
> right at first glance.

The API can be used by hand, calling two SQL functions.
I have trained some hundreds of administrators, and they could follow.

> But then it's futile to discuss with religious people, as they are
> blind to reasoning: AL II. 58, "The slaves shall serve."

Suspicion becomes certainty:
You are not out to understand, but to troll.

Bye.

Laurenz Albe