Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter
Subject Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:46:34PM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
! On Mon, 2020-06-15 at 19:00 +0200, Peter wrote:
! > And that is one of a couple of likely pitfalls I perceived when
! > looking at that new API.
!
! That is a property of my scripts, *not* of the non-exclusive
! backup API...

Then how would I have figured it before even knowing Your scripts?

The API requires such kind of programming, and such kind of
programming creates dangerous pitfalls. After You have trained soms
hundreds of system administrators, You will also see such things
right at first glance.

But then it's futile to discuss with religious people, as they are
blind to reasoning: AL II. 58, "The slaves shall serve."

cheerio,
PMc