Re: New mug design - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: New mug design
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
2009/11/15 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>:

> Hello,
>
> over the last years we bought mugs in europe from kernel-concepts, a
> german based company. Now i was told that the depot is empty, the last
> two boxes was sent to paris, one month ago.
>
> kernel-concepts will produce new mugs - and right now we have the
> chance to supply a new design, and (if desired) choose a new type of
> mugs.
>
> Personally i find the old design a bit - artless. Here are some photos:
>
> http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_7025_640x480.jpg
> http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_7027_640x480.jpg
> http://base.wars-nicht.de/merchandising/dsc_7030_640x480.jpg
>
> The blue color is really bright and could be more PG blue, the
> "PostgreSQL" lettering could be more sublime. Also i would like to see
> glasses, same size as the ceramic mugs.
>

> Opinions?

I actually like the font for the text that's used in the header of
PostgreSQL.org but colourised as such:
http://proyectofedora.org/colombia/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/postgresql.png

And maybe it's also an option to include the tagline "The world's most
advanced open source database"

In any case, I'm happy with my PostgreSQL mug (the same as your
pictures) which I use for work.

Thom