Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Date
In response to Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Jeremy Wilson <jwilson@clover.co>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 14:19 -0500, Jeremy Wilson wrote:
> > If that shows up two different "proj" libraries, then you have that
> > same problem.
>
> Just wanted to reply that this was indeed an issue.  After removing
> the proj RPMs and reinstalling, the upgrade seems to be running now.

(rpm packager speaking)

Ouch. I partially fixed this problem (clean installations should not
have this issue, as no other package requires PROJ, and we already have
our own PROJ.

Let me see what I can do to fix this completely.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment