Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremy Wilson
Subject Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Date
In response to Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Responses Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-general

> On Nov 13, 2020, at 1:10 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> The problem is that postgis, through gdal, ended up being linked to two different versions of proj at the same time.
>
> You can check it by doing:
> ldd /usr/pgsql-13/lib/postgis_raster-3.so | grep proj
>
> If that shows up two different "proj" libraries, then you have that same problem.

Just wanted to reply that this was indeed an issue.  After removing the proj RPMs and reinstalling, the upgrade seems
tobe running now.

On a side note, you need to enable the PowerTools repo on CentOS to install PostGIS, otherwise it complains about the
gdallibraries being missing.

If I run into another failure I’ll update the list - thanks!