Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nicolas Charles
Subject Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case
Date
Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case
Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case
List pgsql-performance
Hi Neto,

You should list the SSD model also - there are pleinty of Samsung EVO
drives - and they are not professional grade.

Among the the possible issues, the most likely (from my point of view) are:

- TRIM command doesn't go through the RAID (which is really likely) - so
the SSD controller think it's full, and keep pushing blocks around to
level wear, causing massive perf degradation - please check this config
on you RAID driver/adapter

- TRIM is not configured on the OS level for the SSD

- Partitions is not correctly aligned on the SSD blocks

Without so little details on your system, we can only try to guess the
real issues

Nicolas

Nicolas CHARLES