Re: Change default of checkpoint_completion_target - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Change default of checkpoint_completion_target
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-01-13 23:10, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Yes, I agree, and am involved in that thread as well- currently waiting
>> feedback from others about the proposed approach.
> I've tried to push that forward.  I'm happy to update this patch once
> we've got agreement to move forward on that, to wit, adding to an
> 'obsolete' section in the documentation information about this
> particular GUC and how it's been removed due to not being sensible or
> necessary to continue to have.

Some discussion a few days ago was arguing that it was still necessary
in some cases as a way to counteract the possible lack of tuning in the
kernel flushing behavior.  I think in light of that we should go with
your first patch that just changes the default, possibly with the
documentation updated a bit.