Re: Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From SUNDAY A. OLUTAYO
Subject Re: Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server
Date
List pgsql-general
In real world deployment, LDAP and Kerbero are often combined for authentication and authorization.

The link below is a well documented howto:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SingleSignOn

Thanks,

Sunday Olutayo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Ringer" <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>
To: "SUNDAY A. OLUTAYO" <olutayo@sadeeb.com>
Cc: "Jeremy Palmer" <JPalmer@linz.govt.nz>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:48:01 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server

On 08/24/2012 06:10 PM, SUNDAY A. OLUTAYO wrote:
> LDAP will be your best choice for SSO, Ubuntu Linux can authenticate against AD.

I'm not at all convinced by that. Active Directory functions as a
Kerberos KDC. Kerberos provides secure authentication and (unlike LDAP)
single sign-on.

Use Kerberos via GSSAPI. Here's a good starting point by Marcus:

http://www.hagander.net/talks/Deploying%20PostgreSQL%20in%20a%20Windows%20Enterprise.pdf

--
Craig Ringer